Great Minds @ Work is dedicated to:
- Demonstrating to Washington employers the value, benefits and, incentives of hiring people with treated mental health issues or substance abuse disorders and how to recruit, hire, train, promote and, retain them.
- Educating Washington employers about the cost through lost productivity, absenteeism and, turnover of untreated mental health and substance abuse disorders by their current employees and how to help their employees seek appropriate treatment.
- Communicating to Washington employers the devastating effects of the stigma attached to mental health and substance abuse to their business, employees and the community-at-large and what they can do to stop it.
- Providing access to information resources and tools such as:
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Supported Employment
- Ticket to Work
- Social Security Benefits Counseling
Great Minds @ Work is a component of the Becoming Employed Starts Today (BEST) Mental Health Transformation Grant. The BEST project is providing Evidence-Based Practiced Supported Employment and Individual Placement and Support (IPS) services to adults receiving Regional Support Network (RSN) funded outpatient mental health services due to serious mental health issues and may include those with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders.
Funding Disclosure: Great Minds @ Work is a joint project of the Washington Business Alliance and Washington State Division of Mental Health and Recovery. Funding for this project received through the Becoming Employed Starts Today (BEST) grant from Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Grant Award Number: SM061705